2018 – Application for Organizer Team Member
In the past, Women’s Health Conference has been managed by dedicated group volunteers that plan and organize all the details of the event. Planning starts months in advance with monthly or bi-weekly meetings and time allocated outside of meetings. We commit ourselves to be able to give attendees a fun day.
In return what all of us get in return are lifelong friends and a look into what it takes to organize a successful event with 300+ attendees.
There are 9 roles below, which means there’s a lot of opportunities to help and lead on a variety of initiatives. Some roles may be handled by more than one person so you are encouraged to apply to all roles that you think suit you best. You will be given guidance along the way by experienced volunteers who have done this in the past.
General requirements for all roles:
- Reliable, self-driven, and motivated.
- Ability to meet deadlines is crucial for a smooth planning process.
- Working knowledge of Google Drive suite
- Time commitment of min 5 hours a week and 10-15 hours a week as we get closer to event day.
Scroll down and click APPLY NOW
The roles are as follows, and the responsibilities and requirements of each are listed below:
- Facilitate meetings to make sure they are on topic and on time.
- Takes notes during meetings and clearly documents decisions.
- Follows up on todos with individuals and outlines risks in achieving deadlines.
- Experienced with Google Drive suite
- High level of organization skills.
- Contact faith-based institutions, activist organizations, school organizations, and entertainment event managers.
- Manages calendar of events where WHC can hold a promotional booth.
- Works with Volunteer Coordinator to determine the availability of volunteers on promotional event days.
- Manages the merchandise to be displayed on tables during promotional event days.
- Determines partnership opportunities with like-minded organizations.
- Updates social media coordinator on events of other organizations that WHC needs to promote.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience working in school organizations is an asset.
- Creates and updates collateral (brochure/flyers for sponsors).
- Collaborate with graphic designer and website developer to ensure sponsor’s logo and business name advertised as per sponsorship package.
- Creates compelling content and contacts local businesses.
- Recruits event day vendors and manages tiers of service relationship.
- Creates invoices for businesses/vendors.
- Updates Project Coordinator on forecasted sponsorship opportunities.
- Works with Event Logistics Coordinator to determine event day requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sets sponsorship goals and develops drive
- Creates and manages new EventBrite page.
- Determine improvements to ticket and donation checkout processes.
- Updates content based on new information (maps, timing, instructions for attendees, etc).
- Works with Email Marketing Coordinator and Fundraising Coordinator to determine timelines on campaigns.
- Create Promo code when needed
- Provide a report on a weekly basis on ticket sales
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Able to craft content based on audience and need.
- Prior experience in online software is a requirement (google drive suite, blogging / CMS, ticketing, payments, etc).
- Design collateral for print and online (direct mail, event signage, brochures, newsletter, web banners, video).
- Design 2018 flyer.
- Review deliverables for consistent messaging and accuracy.
- Prior experience in graphic design is a requirement for this role.
- Good eye for aesthetics and attention to detail.
- Established knowledge of graphic design best practices and industry standards
- Ability to work well with others while taking feedback from the team.
- Self-driven and able to manage workload while informing team members about resource allocation.
- Create and follow a monthly email calendar
- Increase WHC Ticket Sales via efficient email messaging
- Increase WHC Fundraising via efficient email messaging
- Devise strategies to grow and improve WHC’s email list while keeping costs at a minimum
- Work hand in hand with Outreach Coordinator to ensure emails are collected in the most efficient manner during outreach events
- Ensure that WHC is compliant with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
- Use technology to automate email management
- Prior experience with marketing software or willing to learn.
- Experience with mailchimp or any other email management platform
- Lead the facebook advertising, marketing, branding and fundraising efforts and craft/post articulate content.
- Work with Project Coordinator to ensure that WHC promotes its brand via Facebook
- Work with all teams to ensure that they’re able to communicate their message via facebook (For example: Work with Volunteer Coordinator to plan volunteer recruitment posts, with sponsorship coordinator to ensure that WHC fulfills its advertising duties as per the sponsorship agreement, etc.)
- Create a monthly facebook/Instagram/twitter publishing calendar.
- Respond to all social media messages
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns
- Stay current with social media trends and tools
- Continue to refine and define our facebook/Instagram/twitter marketing process
- Oversee facebook page design (timeline cover, profile pic, layout, etc..)
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed
- A third of WHC’s ticket sales and a good portion of the fundraising success comes from Facebook, which means this role requires someone that is reliable, self-driven, motivated Individual able to meet deadlines.
- Prior experience managing social media campaigns or facebook pages.
- Ensure location, date, and time of event are finalized by x date
- Ensure all proper venue paperwork is finalized by x date
- Create a shopping list of items required for event day.
- Facilitating with other teams to ensure all requirements are ready for shipping to the location.
- Create a setup plan and map for event day.
- In charge of the setup on the morning of the event and the packing and clean up of the event.
- Oversee the acquisition and management of external supplies including tables, chairs, and other materials needed by the Planning Committee
- Support event logistics needs on the day of the event.
- Meet and create a budget with the Project Coordinator to your needs.
- Ensure you remain within the agreed budget
- Lead on the day of the event to ensure set up plans are created and use team members to lead volunteers to ensure it goes smoothly.
- Coordinate with other team members to make sure each team has what they need for the day of the run
- Previous experience using Google Drive suite
- Previous experience in workshop or event planning an asset
- Strong public relations, teamwork, and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Past experience or involvement in campus-related leadership initiatives an asset
- Ability to responsibly collect and manage information in an organized manner.
The goal is to ensure that WHC is always staffed with the best and most reliable individuals and that they are correctly utilized for the fulfillment of WHC mission.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (databases, e-mail, social media etc.)
- Reaching out to volunteers from last year with current position openings.
- Creating a plan according to the requirements needed to fill every team with the right number of team members.
- Interview all new applicants to ensure they meet WHC commitments requirements for that team.
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Facilitate between team leaders and new volunteers.
- Set up Volunteer orientations before the event.
- Organize a post-event day event for volunteer appreciation
- Send out any letters of recommendation or create letters with hours volunteered for school/university requirements.
- Proven experience as operations coordinator or similar position
- Experience in volunteering locally
- Experience in recruiting through various channels
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
- Pleasant, outgoing personality.