Social Media Content Creator
We are seeking a Social Media Content Creator with an eye for the original and a fresh take on ideas. We are looking for a social media rock star that understands issues around Muslim women and girls in Canada and social media landscape better than anyone else; someone who has a strong passion for getting more Muslim women and girls involved in leadership roles and researching on this topic is second nature.
Are you are a natural writer who enjoys researching topics pertaining to Muslim women and girls in leadership? Do you embrace the idea of creating content who raises awareness of issues of Muslim women and girls in Canada? Are you interested in making a difference for the next generation of Muslim women and girls in Canada? And not only can you write headlines and develop stories but you also know how to create multimedia content? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we want to talk to you!
The ideal candidate will have:
• A passion and a strong understanding of the challenges of Muslim women and girls in Canada and our organization’ mission.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our organization’ various types of content.
• Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
• 2-3 years of marketing and content creation experience. College/University Students encouraged to apply
• Innovate new and creative ways to use social platforms and digital content to tell stories and interact with the audience
• Multimedia skills including photography and video
• Writing various types of articles on a wide range of topics for our blog.
• Providing feedback to other contributors, and editing other writers’ content.
• Optimizing content for search engines and lead generation.
• Conducting analytical projects to improve blog strategies/tactics.
• Growing blog contributors and expanding the overall blog’s reach.
The chosen candidate will be required to invest a minimum of 10 hours per month. A trial period of successful 3 months will be required for a letter of reference to be issued. We appreciate all applications, however, only the chosen applicants for an interview will be contacted.
ANNISAA focuses on delivering world-class programming to Muslim women and girls who deserve the world. With that in mind, we expect professionalism and we want to know you’re committed to your volunteer role. This role is integral to our mission, so please only apply if you are serious about this opportunity.
ANNISAA is proud to be an equal opportunity organization. Our community is committed to sharing values of diversity and inclusion. We welcome applicants from various backgrounds including race, ethnicity, age, socio-economic status, national origin, and ability. For questions or concerns surrounding accessibility, please contact us.