Our response to COVID-19
ANNISAA’s first priority is the safety and wellbeing of all of our clients, staff, volunteers, and supporters. We continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 and would like to provide an update on the known impact, as it relates to the work we do. Please bear in mind that this situation is fluid, and additional updates may be forthcoming. These too will be made available on our website.
ANNISAA Organization of Canada is in ongoing communication with the Ontario Ministry of Health to monitor community health risks for its programs. For program details please contact your program representative. Please be aware that these are unusually busy and challenging times, and we may be slower than usual to respond to your query.
As a precaution, based on the Ontario Ministry of Health guidelines, we recommend you take the following steps to prevent risk:
- We ensure handwashing stations are available and accessible. Encourage staff, volunteers and clients to thoroughly and regularly wash their hands and keep hands away from their faces.
- Remind of the most effective ways to stay healthy.
- Post signage and advise those who are ill to stay home and/or postpone their tasks or shifts.
- Post signage and advise everyone who has travelled to affected areas or been exposed to a case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days to postpone their activities.
Where to Get Information?
We encourage all ANNISAA clients, staff, volunteers, and friends to rely upon credible, updated information regarding the Covid-19 situation. The following are all valuable resources:
- City of Toronto
- Ontario Public Health – COVID 19
- Government of Canada – COVID 19: Should you wish to track national updates, areas affected in the country, travel updates or other national information, you will find it here.
We thank you for your support and understanding during this difficult time. If you would like to support ANNISAA’s efforts to remain operational and in service, please feel free to contribute online https://annisaa.org/donate-now/
We will regularly update our website as information comes available.
These are challenging times for us all. Those who are facing food security, challenges, or are precariously-housed or homeless are particularly vulnerable. Let us all work together to keep each other safe.