Events and Workshops Coordinator
We are seeking an Events and Workshop Coordinator to plan and execute events and workshops. The events and workshops are designed with various goals in mind such as learning, raising awareness, fundraising, etc.. The Events and Workshop Coordinator rock star we are looking for is able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organizational skills and attention to details while understanding issues around Muslim women and girls in Canada and event and workshop planning landscape better than anyone else; someone who has a passion for getting more Muslim women and girls involved in leadership and event planning is second nature.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Events and Workshops Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of events and workshops planning and management. The coordinator will work with ANNISAA to meet outreach targets and support campaigns with on-the-ground promotion. The Events and Workshops Coordinator will directly contribute to increasing ANNISAA’s capacity to raise public awareness of the organization and its campaigns, programs and projects and by building the organization’s presence in local communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The events coordinator will:
- Establish a quarterly event plan to identify opportunities for event participation
- Create event proposals which support specific campaign goals or fundraising targets
- Coordinate online and offline promotion of events
- Assist with recruiting volunteers needed for specific events
- Act as primary point of contact with vendors for all event-related matters
- Assist with on-site management of events including set-up, tear-down and supervision of volunteers where applicable.
- Event planning/management or project management experience
- Ability to balance multiple priorities within tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works well independently and as a team
This position provides valuable experience for event planning and management students; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector
The chosen candidate will be required to invest a minimum of 10 hours per month. A trial period of successful 3 months will be required for a letter of reference to be issued. We appreciate all applications, however, only the chosen applicants for an interview will be contacted.
ANNISAA focuses on delivering world-class programming to Muslim women and girls who deserve the world. With that in mind, we expect professionalism and we want to know you’re committed to your volunteer role. This role is integral to our mission, so please only apply if you are serious about this opportunity.
ANNISAA is proud to be an equal opportunity organization. Our community is committed to sharing values of diversity and inclusion. We welcome applicants from various backgrounds including race, ethnicity, age, socio-economic status, national origin, and ability. For questions or concerns surrounding accessibility, please contact us.