Board of Directors and Members (Volunteer)
Start Date: Immediate
ANNISAA is inviting passionate individuals from a variety of sectors who align with our mission and vision to consider serving on our Board of Directors. This is a unique opportunity to support the organization and its growth as it expands. A working board mixed with governing responsibilities, its members and directors work in close relationship with the Executive Director and operates in a strictly non-operational capacity. Note: this is a volunteer (unpaid) position.
To best fill knowledge gaps, ANNISAA especially encourages applicants with the following professional backgrounds:
- Accountant (CPA, CGA, CMA designation)
- Social Work
- Business Development, Business Administration or related
- Public Relations, Marketing or related
- Fundraising, Sponsorships or related
Board Responsibilities and Expectations
- Commitment to a three (3) year term, with the possibility of extension, to a maximum of two (2) terms.
- Attendance at four (4) mandatory meetings per year, in addition to general and ad-hoc meetings needed for project planning and implementation. Note: meetings may be attended through a web conference, though in-person is always encouraged.
- Engagement in fundraising, advertising and thoughtful leadership on behalf of ANNISAA to advance mission and vision.
- Directors required to lead a committee or initiative
If you wish to participate and help lead a growing not-for-profit aimed at helping advance Muslim women and girls, please forward your resume and cover letter to the Nominating Board Committee using the form below.
ANNISAA is proud to be an equal opportunity organization. Our community is committed to sharing values of diversity and inclusion. We welcome applicants from various backgrounds including race, ethnicity, age, socio-economic status, national origin, and ability. For questions or concerns surrounding accessibility, please contact us.