You can help build the foundation for a better city.
Non-profits have a significant impact on Toronto and its residents. They support the community and create innovative ways to alleviate some of the city’s most pressing social issues. Board members help to govern and lead non-profits through the strategic opportunities and challenges that arise.
Non-profits need board members with a variety of skills to achieve their organization’s goals. Whatever your professional background, serving as a board member can develop your soft skills and help you learn new ones.
The workshop costs $10 to attend and pre-registration is required. Simply click on one of the upcoming dates below to register.
What to Expect
By the end of the session you’ll know the answers to the following questions:
- What is a Board of Directors and why do organizations need them?
- What skills do I need to sit on a Board?
- Do I need previous Board experience?
- What do I need to know about the Board before I decide to accept a board position?
- What are the benefits of volunteering on a Board?
- How do I find a non-profit to join the board of?
Register for our upcoming sessions! Click on the date for more info and to register.
What Participants Have To Say
“Very thorough coverage of the basics with unexpected and welcome details beyond what I had hoped for. Much more practical knowledge than I expected!”
“Great session! I will recommend this to friends.”
“I found the workshop very engaging and well-organized. Valuable session.”